Whether we want to admit it or not, we live in an age of “hurry up and go”. We all have a lot to do and not a lot of time and often money to do it all. This is especially true for business owners. Unfortunately, when it comes time to trim the budget, most businesses don’t see the value in graphic design due to the costs and therefore lean on “do-it-yourself” methods. Yet, it’s been proven that companies who prioritize design in their company are close to 70% more likely to achieve and exceed goals in their business than businesses that don’t do this. Today let’s talk about three of the reasons graphic design matters for your business (and your bottom line)
– Design is what lets your business stand out from the crowd
-Potential clients should be able to recognize your particular business or event from hundreds of others just by seeing your marketing materials.
– Unique visual branding gets your company recognized and remembered by its customers.
– Prefilled templates are too generic and have the potential to cause confusion between you and a competitor among other issues.
– Successful companies stay ahead of their competition by continuing to mix great offers with great design. In short, they continue to stand out from the crowd and stay remembered by making sure that their marketing materials are unique. (This is one of the reasons why companies refresh and rebrand so often!)
– People will quickly judge your business based on your logo and other visual marketing materials!
– Your logo and marketing materials are the introductions to your business, which people will judge in seconds. Not exaggerating at all, it’s been proven that people judge something new in roughly 7 seconds or less. If they see your logo first that’s what they’ll judge your entire business on!
-Your marketing materials (business cards, flyers, websites, etc.) are how your company tells its story and entices clients to buy your products or services. If they look unprofessional that’s how people will see you and changing their mind will be very hard (not impossible, but difficult).
-You only get one first impression – even if it’s on paper!
– Graphic Design helps your company get more money!
– There are a lot of things that go into creating marketing materials that are unseen. Things like understanding a target audience and creating materials that will appeal to them, along with a lot of research about what is the industry standard and what your competitors are doing, which is partially what goes into the cost.
– It’s all about communication – not just pretty pictures
-Graphic designers use words, images, and how things are placed on the page to help create a compelling message that inspires a potential customer to either buy or learn more!
This is why I tell clients all the time that a focus on graphic design will ultimately pay for itself. If you focus on design, it helps your business attract more attention, get remembered more easily and in a more positive light, and ultimately make more sales. Okay, that’s all I got this week! Talk to you soon!